Monday, July 03, 2006

Anniversary


Five years ago today I met J. He said later that as soon as he saw me he knew that I was the woman God sent him to America to find.
And I was wearing shorts; he thought that was sexy.
Five years ago I ate this shit up with a spoon. Today if a guy laid those lines on me I'd ask to see a bank statement and references from previous girlfriends.

We took this self-portrait on Memorial Day. If we look old and exhausted maybe its because we just got done hiking up a hill and through a thick forest where a snake actually fell on J.'s shoulder and completely freaked him out and then I fell down in some mud and tipped the stoller over, nearly bashing our offspring's head on a rock.

Or maybe we look old and exhausted because we're still married.

The cycle continues.

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger city dweller said...

lol, great post. i've never seen him really and now looking at him, I can see that Sam favors him.
ps. i didn't really run out of things to blog about, but i was in a funky mood and just felt like posting about what was on my mind at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home