Monday, June 05, 2006

Behold the Bargain


Thomas Friedman's got it goin on as far as foreign and domestic affairs are concerned. I read his column religiously.

He has a new book that I must read, so I put myself on the waiting list at my public library. I was #208 when I first placed my request (back in March.)
I haven't checked my place in line recently.

I won't pay full-price or even eBay or Amazon price for it.
My house is overflowing with books; most of them were gifts or garage sale finds. I have little kids, and you'd be amazed at how many kids books you can buy for .10 cents.

The last time I paid full price for a brand new hard-cover was when I bought "America, a Citizen's Giude to Democracy Inaction," and only because the waiting list for that book was so long they weren't even allowing people to request it anymore.

Anyway. . today we're browsing used books for sale at a public library, and there is was: Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat,
Brand-new Hard-cover edition.
Take a Deep Breath.
Check the Inside Cover for a Price.
$6.50. $6.50 (?) $6.50!!
(Background Music:) The Hallelujah Chorus.

Throw in two kids books for .25 cents and you have two very satisfied book enthusiasts and one drooling baby.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger city dweller said...

thats awesome! i'm laughing about the hallelujah chorus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home