Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Heard it on the Radio.


I could listen to NPR all day, except Saturday mornings when those annoying car guys are on board.
Today was a particularly gratifying day for me because I spent a good 2 hours in the car driving across town listening to NPR.
My 3 year old son was not in the car, so I didn't have to listen to Dora the Explorer sing about bouncing balls or Thomas the Tank Engine's Childrens Choir harmonize about the glories of being a train.

If you were listenting to a Top 40 or an adult contemporary station today, here is what you missed:

American Idol ,the biggest TV ever, was turned down by all the networks twice before Rupert Murdoch's daughter told her dad to buy it.-Thank you Rupert Murdoch's daughter.

  • Americans are more likely to trust their government over their media-What? They trust the government? Those Fools!
  • Ethnic Serbs may move from Kosovo if that country becomes independent-Kosovo is big enough to be it's own country?
  • The Prime Minister of Italy dosn't think America is too strong, but that Europe is too weak-holy crap, did he reallly just admit that Europe is weaker than America?
  • Google is playing offense against Microsoft and hiring big time lobbyists and lawyers-good for Google I hope they make lots more money.

I love learning this kind of stuff, I love it.

This made me somewhat of a dork in grade, middle, and high school, where smart wasn't cool but, all my years of collecting tibits of history, politics, science, and society makes me one brutal Trivial Pursuit player.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger city dweller said...

Tell me again why you ever worked for that NW place ? That's interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home