Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Today I Survived.


These are my boys. Aren't they cute?
In about 10 to 15 years much younger women will be chasing after them.
Until then, they belong to me.
Every screaming, whining, crying moment is mine to treasure forever.
Fortunately, I also get the laughs, smiles, hugs and kisses.

Did you ever see one of those women walking around a store while their infant screams and another young child holds onto their legs?
That was me today.
Before I had children I thought, "Why can't she shut that kid up?" or "Doesn't she know how annoying that is?"
To answer my old self:
"If I could grown an extra arm, breastfeed and still keep shoppping, this child would be silent, and of course I know how annoying this is, but I have to buy some household products so you can just shut the fuck up."
I love my children, but honestly I don't know why I wanted them so badly. A deep-rooted maternal instinct overuled all logic.
I just wanted to be a mom. Check that one off the old to-do list.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger city dweller said...

man, they ARE sooo handsome.They'll be best buddies in about 6 months! I used to think that about moms with screaming babies too. we live and learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home