Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Road to Heaven

So this is my blog.
CitySlickerMama is my friend IRL, she turned me onto blogging.
Thanks to you,
friend.

I live in the suburbs of big city on the West Coast of the United States.
After earning my degree at a picturesque college
I migrated
West
from the Interior, the Inter-Mountain West, five years ago.
The more liberal vibe of the Coast was calling my name like a fog horn.

Finding myself now the mother of two beautiful bi-racial children.
Boys
Parenthood really is the ultimate learning experience.
My marriage is a difficult one, but it is my marriage and a central piece of my life here on Earth.
We are technically seperated, and it's my job to keep it that way until this unhealthy dance gets a new fiddler on the floor.

This afternoon my dear friend Gigi and I took our small children to the library for a storytelling program.
Gigi's mom went with us.
Early into the program my baby started fussing so I left my older boy w/Gigi's mom and walked around the libaray w/my baby. I was scopeing out a quiet place to nurse my child.
I stopped in the fiction department and picked up the only Truman Capote book on the shelf: "The Thanksgiving Visitor"
I remember reading excerpts from this book in middle school. My first exposure to Capote, and his world of hard-eyed gamblers and their harder-eyed flooseys.

How do you make a plural out of floosey?

That said, I love Capote, and Joan Didion, Jack London, Garrison Keillor, and the other masters of the Short Story.

We found a quiet place to nurse, I got a few pages read, I took my kids home and how I'm writing a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home