Monday, April 24, 2006

Men: A Problem For Women

I am a smart woman. Just ask me. I'll expound for hours about how smart I am.
Sadly, there is one area in my life in which I am amazingly dumb.
That would be the 'man' area.
Boyoboy can I NOT pick 'em.
I have classic "Women Who Love Too Much" Syndrome. I pick an asshole to partner with, then spend a few frustrating years trying to change him. Of course it dosn't work and misery ensues for all.
After I figured out my problem, I was suprised to realize how many other intelligent women I know and love are just like me.


  • Giani, My brilliant literary arts major and Scrabble partner in college.
  • Kacey, The only person from high school I keep contact with.
  • Renee, An incredibly brilliant and financially responsible ex co-worker.
  • Gigi, My brilliant and current best friend.
  • Esther, My friend, neighbor and sister in suffering.
  • All of my biological sisters.
  • Me

Thinking about all my fellow "Women who Love Assholes Too Much," there is one overwhelming good that has come out of so much sadness: Our support and love for each other.
The support I get from the other women in my life will always surpass any trifling affections a man throws my way.

Read "Women Who Love Too Much" and "Things Fall Apart."
The first book will help you understand why you love jerks, and the second will illustrate a time-tested method for keeping women happy.
They don't expect too much out of a man.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger city dweller said...

Nice post! At least you know you wont make that mistake again.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Wild Mtn Honey said...

Hopefully. . .

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow leah...i have always loved your style of writing.....i wonder how your friends feel having their name posted like that though....
i love you...you know it!!
lil j

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post my name; I'm not ashamed to stand up and be counted with the rest. Denial only hurts those who look to us as an example. And you can add gigi's mom (twice!) AND her little sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home