Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Queen of Fools

I inhabit three worlds.
First the world of myself, my family, my friends and all our mundane problems.
Next the world of current events with al-Queda, global warming and the Portland City Council tumbling along like wet clothes in the news cycle. And finally, the fantasy world, where Brangelina is king and TomKat desperately wants to unseat them.

Some interesting parallels developed in the second and third worlds lately. Namely, Warren Buffett, the second richest man in the world, donating the bulk of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Huzzah! Finally a news story that gives you some hope for our in-the-shitter society.

I'm glad that some of the crazy-rich and crazy-famous are using their powers for good, like Brangelina and their adopt-the-world campaign. Or old-ass Cher is calling congress and urging them to get our troops some better helmets.
(Remember when she pranced around a battleship with her old tattooed ass hanging out of her 'outfit'? Oh Cher, you are priceless. Some day gay men will wait for hours to visit your preserved corpse alongside Lenin's.)
Look at Bono, that guy got rich countries to forgive the debt of poor countries! Excuse me Bono, sir, can you call my student-loan lender for me?

Then there's Paris Hilton.
A woman so repulsive that her creepy, car-washing commerical for Carl's Jr. was pulled due to complaints. Not even the horniest 8th grade boy wanted to see that.
I have a friend who tells me there are girls in California who want to be Paris Hilton, who idolize and emulate her. First of all, I can't believe that, and second of all if this is true, those girls are fools and she is their queen.

I'd like to see that vapid bitch start building some schools for orphans in South Africa. But then again, maybe we need her in the world so that we more appreciate men like Warren Buffett and Bono, whose generosity and activism make them great, not their money or fame.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Integration of personality: how can one person be a mother, a lover, a friend, a world citizen; spiritual, compassionate, responsible, professional, well informed... all at once? Living in more than one world, you absorbe the stress of more than one world. But if the alternative is to be a "Paris Hilton", unable to see anything except as it affects one's own self- I'll embrace the stress. Better a whole person, capable of meaningful interaction, than a paper doll.

-Gigi

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Wild Mtn Honey said...

God, I love you Gigi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home