Monday, September 18, 2006

Moving homes and joints

Hi,
Another long stretch without a post.
This time I moved. We were living on a third floor apartment and with my knee injury it was pretty impossible to leave the house.
Now we are on a bottom floor apartment. As far as moves go, this one was pretty easy. We literally moved across the parking lot. Still, some things are missing and I hope to find them.
Among the missing: J's passport (!)
My 2nd pair of glasses
A ream of printer paper
Instruction booklet for digital camera
By listing them, I'm hoping the universe returns them, especialy the passport, although I think J probably misplaced it before we moved; he likes to think it's my fault.

I can bend my knee at bout a 30 degree angle; Hooray!, I can sit in the front seat of a car again. Prior to this I had to sit in the back with my leg straight.
It is going to be another 8 weeks or more before I'm allowed to drive again. Let me tell you what a hassle that is!
Physical therapy isn't so bad, my mom had her knee replaced last year and she had me all scared about going to p.t. but really they have me doing such small exercies, it dosn't hurt.
However trying to bend my knee and keep it bent does make it a little sore.
Just take my advice; never, ever rupture a tendon.
My injury does make me extremely grateful for the miracle of modern medicine.
If I were alive 100 or more years ago, I'd be crippled for life. Seriously.
I feel really sorry for all the people in all the centuries past who mangled their knees and just had to live with it.
Thank you Jesus for Kaiser Permanente!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home