Thursday, September 07, 2006

College and the Things I Didn't Learn.

The lead opinion piece in Sunday's Oregonian was written by a college professor who was bitching about infantile college students.
She had some very excellent points such as: Why are we paying out the ass for college when most college students spend their time socializing and drinking and once they graduate they can barely balance a checkbook?
Ah, college. . . that blissful waste of time between childhood and the 40 hours a week of grey cubicle you will call 'work' for the rest of your life.
I remember college and I specifically remember sititng in my car many a lonely night, anxious to get away from the pressure of socializing and drinking and trying to act all cool and stuff.
I was able to pick up some radio stations from southern California at night, and thats when I heard Mr. KFI.
His talk radio show was so great. Every night he took random calls from all segments of humanity. He had no topics, no screeners and no agenda. He talked to everybody who called in about whatever was on their minds.
Mr. KFI fans had a favorite conspiracy theory having to do with Rubic's Cubes and secret government tests sights in the desert. At least once a night he'd end up polishing that old chestnut.
I don't think Mr. KFI is around anymore. I wonder what happened to him.
Anyway that is one clear memory of my college years, the rest is a little hazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home