Monday, March 26, 2007

Missed Opportunity

I started a new job in dowtown Portland, Ore. 2 weeks ago. The first day I took a walk on my lunch hour and I kept wishing I had my camera.

Everywhere I looked I saw a really cool picture.

Today I was taking another walk on my lunch hour and photojournalism's picture of the year slapped me ironically in the face.

A sign announcing the week's events outside the door of an old late-1800's church read: Saturday's Sermon: REALITY.

Just below this sign, on the church's door step, lay a man wrapped in a red sleeping bag.

I stopped and stared and wondered if he had chosen to sleep there on purpose, just for the poetic hell of it.

Wednesday the camera comes to work with me.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good idea. oh, the irony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home