Thursday, March 20, 2008

My backyard

After living in an apartment complex for over 6 years, I'm maybe a little too delighted to have a back yard.

This is like living in a real house. I have a back yard, front yard AND a garage and a driveway leading to the garage.

Yesterday, my next-door neighbor and I were watching the comings and goings of our across-the-street neighbors and making comments as to what it all might mean, when I attained enlightenment: I live in a neighborhood.

I'm part of a community.

I didn't really feel that way in the apartments; apartments have so much turnover.

With the one glaring exception of Samson's friend, Jan, we never made any good, solid connections within our apartment complex despite living there for so long.

We have some unbearable neighbors, some sloppy neighbors and a cute mysterious neighbor on the corner.

I'm glad we're here.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooohhhh....a cute, mysterious neighbor on the corner......ooohhhhh
luvin ya
j

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a good day!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger BeatlesDiva said...

Good to have you living closer to me. Now I can see the kidlets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home