Thursday, March 13, 2008

I feel Glorious

A new friend was kind enough to get me a week-long membership to her gym.
This is one of those bright, airy new gyms. Every female-friendly amenity is avaliable except massages, dammit.
Child care, most wonderful amenity of all, allows this weary mama to bid Bye-bye to her children, and take care of herself for a while.

I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill, reading my trashy novel which unfortunatly is too bulky for the little magazine holders on the treadmill screen, but I wanted to look intellingent, you know, reading a book and all, so I pressed forward.
Then,I sat in a huge hot tub for a while, still reading my trashy novel, then I swam a few laps in the perfect-temprature pool. I left the trashy novel on the edge of the pool.
My body feels so good, I feel so relaxed.
Tomorrow I'm going to a yoga class. Does it get any better? What next? Will I be allowed a few minutes in the opium den afterwards?
I want to spend the rest of my life at this gym. I want my world to revolve around the treadmill, hot tubs and yoga class.
I hesitate to get myself a membership because A.) I don't have an income and B.) If I do get a job, will I even have time to use the gym?
That's the practical part of me, always looking at the what ifs and why nots.
The impractical part of me says, 'get a membership, you'll use it because you love this place.

Who will win?

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that sounds so very glorious. probably soon you will be making big bucks...and it will not matter at all that you buy a membership. you inspire me, because i am one of those people who have a membership and never use it!!! we all have something..don't we
luv ya
j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home